990 Palm Street, Room #1
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday, closed on national holidays or as posted
The City Administration department is the home of the City Manager and is responsible for guiding the day-to-day operations of the City. The Assistant City Manager serves as the Department Head, working with department staff on the following activities:
- City Council: Administration provides support to the City Council, including agenda management, policy implementation, and City Council Assistant.
- City Clerk: The City Clerk facilitates the municipal election program, legislative services program, records management program, municipal code, and advisory body program.
- Economic Development: The City's Economic Development Program works to implement the Economic Development Strategic Plan and is home to the City's Tourism and Community Promotions programs.
- Natural Resources: The City has a robust natural resources protection program that supports the acquisition and conservation of open space lands within the City's greenbelt.
- Cultural Activities: City Administration supports cultural activities in the City of San Luis Obispo, including the Performing Arts Center, the City/County Library, and works closely with community partners including the Museum of Art, the Children's Museum, the Historical Museum, the Railroad Museum, and the Little Theatre.
- Information Technology: Responsible for ensuring the City’s information technology resources are effectively managed and used as key organizational tools in improving organizational productivity, customer service, and public access to City information.
Derek J. Johnson, City Manager
Greg Hermann, Acting Assistant City Manager
Robert Hill, Natural Resources Manager
Marcus Carloni, Sustainability Coordinator
Molly Cano, Tourism Manager
Freddy Otte, Biologist
Shannon Sims, Administration Executive Assistant
Mika McGee, Information Technology Administrative Assistant